Welcome to PlaySpan. Please read below to learn how we collect, protect and use your data.
Information we collect
We collect Personal Information (this is information which can be used to identify you as an individual) that you provide us when you sign up such as
- Your name
- Contact information (including your email)
- Financial information including personal account number and checking account number
- The name and email addresses of proposed recipients whom you ask us to email on your behalf. PlaySpan does not store the name or email address of any recipients.
- Information from Facebook Connect if you choose to connect your Facebook and PlaySpan accounts.
We also collect other information about your visit to our site such as
- IP address
- What pages you visit on the PlaySpan site
- Information about the device you use to access PlaySpan.
We collect or compile non-Personal Information about PlaySpan users such as enrollment numbers or demographic group information on an aggregated and anonymized basis. We may share any non-Personal Information with third parties for any lawful purpose.
How we use this information
We primarily use this information to provide PlaySpan services to you and to:
- Fulfill your order and complete transactions including sending notifications to you
- Send you information you request about the services
- Create a profile for account maintenance
- Responding to requests you make
- Verify your identity or administer your account
- Access social networks
- Tailor content, advertisements, and offers we serve you; or provide specialized products and services to you from select partners
- Contact you about PlaySpan services including new features and service offerings
- Contact you about other PlaySpan services, if you agree
- Analyze usage and generally improve the service
- Perform other activities with your consent
- Monitoring account activity for fraud
Protecting your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us, and we are committed to protecting the Personal Information we collect. While we cannot guarantee absolute security of your Personal Information, PlaySpan uses firewalls and Secure Socket Layers to help protect the Personal Information we collect from you when it is being communicated to us. Our policies restrict access to Personal Information to those employees and service providers who need to know the information in order to provide you this service. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations.
How we share Personal Information
We will only share your Personal Information as described in this policy and any supplemental privacy policies for other enrolled PlaySpan services. Specifically, we may share your Personal Information
- With other companies and vendors that help us to operate our business. We require that they protect your information and only use it for that purpose
- With Merchants for account maintenance purposes
- To comply with law or other legal obligations such as responding to subpoenas
- To protect our rights or property, or that of our users
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, threats to the personal safety of any person, or violations of the PlaySpan terms and conditions
- With Visa and other companies that are owned by Visa as allowed by law
- With a purchaser of PlaySpan or Visa (or the majority of its assets)
- As directed by you
You can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie and privacy preferences. However, if you reject cookies, your use of PlaySpan services may be impaired.
You may opt-out of communications other than those related to your transactions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can access and edit your Personal Information
You can review and edit your Personal Information at any time by [logging in to your account].
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, please email email@example.com.
The PlaySpan Sites are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Information without the parent/guardian's consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Information for customers outside of the United States
The information we collect may be stored in the US. If you live outside of the US, please note that the US may have different laws and requirements about privacy and data use than where you live. By using PlaySpan you are consenting to PlaySpan’s storage and use of this information in the US.
How to contact PlaySpan regarding your privacy concerns and questions
If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, please email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or write to us at: Visa U.S.A. Inc., Attention: Global Privacy Office, P.O. Box 8999, Mailstop M4-1SW, San Francisco, CA 94128.